Steps for Organizing Talks
Talk World Interns should undertake the following steps to hold each talk.STEP 1 -- PROVIDING INFORMATION RELATED TO HOLDING A TALK:
After any needed consultation with relevant faculty or administration; the Talk World Interns will provide the following information for holding of the first (and each subsequent) talk at their campus.
- Approximate Dates for the talk
- Possible Programs/Classes for the talk
- Approximate Number of Students for the talk
- Possible Venues for the talk
- Possible Topics for the talk
- Confirmation that the interns will arrange for Banners or Posters (with the Career Pakistan logo as well as the "Talk World" name) for advertising the event at Campus
- Confirmation that the interns will arrange photos of the event (showcasing the speaker and the audience) – with some photos showing the Banners or Posters as well
- Confirmation that the interns will arrange proper welcome, see-off, and other protocol for the speaker -- since he or she is their guest
- Confirmation that the interns will arrange a waiting room for the speaker, prior to his or her going to the talk venue
Career Pakistan will utilize this info to assign a suitable speaker for the talk.STEP 2 -- CONTACTING SPEAKER ASSIGNED BY CAREER PAKISTAN:
Upon assignment of a speaker by Career Pakistan; the Talk World Interns will contact the speaker to agree on the exact date, time, venue, and topic; and to discuss any other details such as multimedia requirements, if any, as well as the name and cell of the intern to call on arrival at campus.STEP 3 -- REMINDING SPEAKER ON THE DAY OF THE TALK:
- On the day of the talk, Talk World Interns will get confirmation of readiness from the speaker
- Also, Talk World Interns will double-check their own readiness in terms of banners or posters advertising the talk; photographers for the event; multimedia (if required); speaker welcome, see-off, and other protocol; and waiting room for the speaker prior to his or her going to the talk venue.
- On the day after the talk, Talk World Interns will give feedback on the talk to Career Pakistan
- Also, Talk World Interns will send photos of the event for placing on the official Talk World website and social media. Such photos inspire others -- in Pakistan as well as abroad -- to participate in Talk World too.